Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced today that the 2015 “Wrap Like a King” Challenge is open through September 30, 2015. Vehicle wrap installers from 42 countries around the globe can now submit commercial or color change wrap projects to be judged by a panel of industry experts.
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced today that the 2015 “Wrap Like a King” Challenge is open through September 30, 2015. Vehicle wrap installers from 42 countries around the globe can now submit commercial or color change wrap projects to be judged by a panel of industry experts. The first 25 submissions in the Challenge will receive a special entry prize.
“After conducting the Wrap Like a King Challenge in North America in 2014 and 2013 with great success, we decided to expand the geographic coverage to Europe to make it a global challenge. We’re excited to have a much broader community participate this year. I can not wait to see what creative designs our installer-base will submit this year,” said Eric Ide, global director, wrapping films, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “We encourage wrap installers to show off their creativity and techniques with commercial and color change wraps in the 2015 Wrap Like a King Challenge. This year’s winner will earn significant bragging rights and the title, ‘King of the Wrap World.’”
Seven geographic regions in the United States, Canada and Europe have been established for the 2015 Wrap Like a King Challenge. Submissions to the Challenge will be evaluated against their regional peers by the judges and winners announced in October. The overall winner will be chosen by the judges as the best in show and crowned the “King of the Wrap World” at the 2015 SEMA Show, November 3-6, 2015 in Las Vegas, NV.Advertisement
“Participating in the Challenge and winning the 2014 Fan Favorite award definitely helped us raise awareness about car wraps, our business and installation skills,” said Scott Bechtel from Car Wrap City based in Dallas, Texas. “The Challenge offers a great platform to bring increased exposure and new business to a vehicle wrap design and installation business.”
The 2015 Judge’s Panel includes:
• Ryan Friedlinghaus is the founder and CEO of West Coast Customs and has more than 20 years of experience in the custom automotive industry. He is known from his appearances on TV shows including "Pimp My Ride" on MTV, and "Street Customs" on TLC and Discovery Channel.
• Eric Ide, global director, wrapping films, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, joined the company in 2011. He has been a keen follower of the car industry with a specific interest in customization for well over 15 years.
• Markus-Marcel Knoch is the owner of CFC Car Film Components and managing director of CFC Knoch GmbH. CFC is a medium-sized enterprise in Bavaria, Germany with 30 employees and 17 years experience in the vinyl industry with a specialty in innovative car wrappings.
• Myles Kovacs, a founder of DUB® Magazine and DUB Publishing, has grown the magazine’s readership to more than 4.8 million. He often speaks to automotive industry leaders and has been named to the Entrepreneur magazine Top 25 Millionaires list.
• Justin Pate is a well known car wrapping instructor and installer. Pate teaches all Avery Dennison wrap installation classes in North America. He’s been in the industry for more than 18 years and has wrapped more than 3,000 vehicles.
• Adrian Rope is managing director of Totally Dynamic, one of the UK’s best known specialist vehicle wrap companies, which has installation centers throughout the country. As a certified Avery Dennison specialist trainer and highly skilled installer, Adrian teaches wrap installation classes for Avery Dennison in the United Kingdom.
• Molly Waters has almost 20 years experience in the graphics industry and is a car enthusiast. She has seen the car wrap industry evolve in her position as a technical representative for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America.
The regional winners will receive a trip to the 2015 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, where the "King of the Wrap World" will be crowned. The prize packs also include a 2016 Avery Dennison wrap class, personalized Wrap Like a King swag, a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop and exposure on Avery Dennison’s Instagram, Facebook® page and website.Advertisement
Installers and fans can enter to win the fan prize package by using #WrapLikeAKing on Instagram. It includes an Avery Dennison Wrap Like a King swag bag that contains Avery Dennison t-shirts, retail and restaurant gift cards, and signed merchandise from West Coast Customs.
Wrap installers are encouraged to enter a vehicle wrap project using Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film™ or digital Supercast films via www.wraplikeaking.com or www.graphics.averydennison.com/wlak, where official rules, judges and prize information are also posted.
For more information on Avery Dennison vinyl for car graphics and where to buy Supreme Wrapping Films, visit www.graphics.averydennison.com.
Watch Jay Busselle, Adrienne Palmer, and Jeremy Picker dive deep into DTG printing data, popular styles, and opportunities.
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two
Jay Busselle, marketing director, Equipment Zone, interviews two experts in apparel decoration trends: Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief of Screen Printing magazine, and Jeremy Picker, creative director and CEO of AMB3R Creative and Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board member. Both share their insights on decoration trends, apparel styles, and some powerful data for DTG printing. Plus, Picker gives an exclusive look at his 2021 trend report. This is a follow-up webinar to Equipment Zone’s DTG Training Academy virtual event.
Mitography, Manufacturing, and Makerspaces with Luther Davis
Nominations Now Open for Fourth Annual Rising Stars Awards
FESPA Global Print Expo 2021 Travel Update: Restrictions Lifted for Vaccinated from “Very High Risk” Countries
Here Are the Winners of the 2021 Women in Screen Printing Awards
14 Surprising Things You Can Screen Print
Raise a Glass to the 2021 Women in Screen Printing Award Winners
Photo Gallery2 months ago
33 Funny Memes That Screen Printers Will Understand All Too Well
Case Studies4 months ago
How a Professional Wrestler Began Supplying Screen Printed Apparel to the Wrestling Community
Business & Industry3 months ago
Datacolor ColorReader EZ Portable Tool
Photo Gallery2 months ago
13 Misprinted T-Shirts for the Screen Printing Hall of Shame
Photo Gallery4 months ago
11 Photos That Show What It Takes to Be a Screen Printer
Headlines2 months ago
WATCH: Screen Printer’s Viral TikTok Video Approaching 10 Million Views
Photo Gallery1 month ago
13 Iconic Band T-Shirts That Will Strike a Chord with Screen Printers
Expert Perspectives4 months ago
A Print Provider’s Guide to Becoming More Profitable