According to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc., the membrane separation market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period. This can be attributed to factors including growing environmental concerns and government regulations pertaining to water and waste-water treatment. High investments in industrial equipment on account of increasing manufacturing activities are expected to favorably impact market growth over the forecast period. Membrane separation systems help industries re-use waste-water and reduce water footprint.
According to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc., the membrane separation market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period. This can be attributed to factors including growing environmental concerns and government regulations pertaining to water and waste-water treatment. High investments in industrial equipment on account of increasing manufacturing activities are expected to favorably impact market growth over the forecast period. Membrane separation systems help industries re-use waste-water and reduce water footprint. Increased R&D activities and development of membrane separation processes and applications such as hybrid forward osmosis and forward osmosis for water desalination are expected to positively impact market growth over the next few years. Lack of sufficient funds in developing countries along with high operational and installation costs may hamper market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Microfiltration emerged as the dominant product segment in 2013, accounting for over 30% of the membrane separation market in the same year. These cost effective membranes are used across a diverse range of applications, which is expected to drive market growth. Ultrafiltration is expected to be a high growth segment, which can be attributed to its ability to retain high concentrates, which help minimize disposable cost for several industries.
- Water & waste-water treatment application segment contributed over 35% to the overall market share in 2013. Growing environmental concerns coupled with stringent regulations related to water and waste-water treatment are expected to drive market growth.
- Europe emerged as the most dominant regional market in 2013, contributing over 35% to the global membrane separation market. Growth across the industrial sector is expected to positively impact the regional market over the next six years. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period, which can be attributed to increasing manufacturing activities and stringent regulations related to water and waste-water treatment.
- Key market players include 3M Purification Inc, GEA Filtration., Koch membrane systems, Pall Corporation, Merck Millipore, Nitto Denko Corporation, Veolia Environnement and Dow Chemical Company. Mergers and acquisitions are expected to remain the key growth strategy adopted by majority of the industrial participants.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global membrane separation market on the basis of product, application and region:
Membrane Separation Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Reverse Osmosis
Membrane Separation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Water & Waste-water Treatment
Membrane Separation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
For more information kindly visit:
Watch Jay Busselle, Adrienne Palmer, and Jeremy Picker dive deep into DTG printing data, popular styles, and opportunities.
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two
Jay Busselle, marketing director, Equipment Zone, interviews two experts in apparel decoration trends: Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief of Screen Printing magazine, and Jeremy Picker, creative director and CEO of AMB3R Creative and Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board member. Both share their insights on decoration trends, apparel styles, and some powerful data for DTG printing. Plus, Picker gives an exclusive look at his 2021 trend report. This is a follow-up webinar to Equipment Zone’s DTG Training Academy virtual event.
“Great Resignation” Continues with Record Numbers
Mitography, Manufacturing, and Makerspaces with Adrian Granchelli
Registration Opens for Kornit Fashion Week Los Angeles
Screen Shop Turning Customers Away Because of Supply Chain Issues
New Andy Warhol Exhibit Shows Final Screen Prints of Career
How We Can Create Gender Equality in the Screen Printing Industry
Photo Gallery3 months ago
33 Funny Memes That Screen Printers Will Understand All Too Well
Photo Gallery3 months ago
13 Misprinted T-Shirts for the Screen Printing Hall of Shame
Business & Industry4 months ago
Datacolor ColorReader EZ Portable Tool
Headlines2 months ago
WATCH: Screen Printer’s Viral TikTok Video Approaching 10 Million Views
Photo Gallery2 months ago
13 Iconic Band T-Shirts That Will Strike a Chord with Screen Printers
Buzz Session3 months ago
Screen Printers Name Their Best Business Buys for Under $100
Headlines3 months ago
Screen Printers Could Receive Thousands of Dollars in Cash Back from IRS
Podcasts3 months ago
Andy MacDougall with Renaissance Woman Gemma Monostereo