SGIA’s first 2019 quarterly benchmarking survey queried garment decoration companies on products and markets in their industries. With responses from 94 garment decoration businesses, insights include:
- The average number of markets served is seven, with five products produced; 96.6 percent offer T-shirts, 80.5 percent bags, 75.9 percent hats/caps, and 79.3 percent performance wear.
- Top markets served include 73.5 percent business-to-consumer, 71.1 percent athletic, 69.9 percent corporate branding, 61.4 percent educational institutions, and 61.4 percent nonprofits.
- Markets with the highest growth potential: interior décor, architecture, printing for the trade, business-to-consumer, and healthcare.
- 78 percent of companies have fewer than 20 employees; 78.2 percent have a sales revenue of $3 million or less; and 14.4 percent top $10 million in sales.
- Garment decorators tend to offer additional products in other industry segments, most commonly graphic and sign (28.7 percent).
- 75.6 percent use a multi-technology approach to operations, with 17.9 percent being mostly digital and 34.6 percent mostly analog.
- 52.6 percent provide some type of finishing and/or post-production services, most commonly bagging/tagging and fulfillment.
- 79.4 percent experienced positive sales growth, with 8.3 percent median sales growth during the past year.
- 28.8 percent report an increase in employment; 51.6 percent plan to hire more people.
- 76.7 percent of respondents were confident about the industry.
SGIA members can access the full report online at sgia.org.
Watch Jay Busselle, Adrienne Palmer, and Jeremy Picker dive deep into DTG printing data, popular styles, and opportunities.
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two
Jay Busselle, marketing director, Equipment Zone, interviews two experts in apparel decoration trends: Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief of Screen Printing magazine, and Jeremy Picker, creative director and CEO of AMB3R Creative and Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board member. Both share their insights on decoration trends, apparel styles, and some powerful data for DTG printing. Plus, Picker gives an exclusive look at his 2021 trend report. This is a follow-up webinar to Equipment Zone’s DTG Training Academy virtual event.
Mitography, Manufacturing, and Makerspaces with Adrian Granchelli
Registration Opens for Kornit Fashion Week Los Angeles
FESPA Welcomes Visitors to Global Print Expo and European Sign Expo 2021
New Andy Warhol Exhibit Shows Final Screen Prints of Career
Screen Shop Turning Customers Away Because of Supply Chain Issues
Meet the 2021 WISP Award Winners: Iris Sautier
Photo Gallery3 months ago
33 Funny Memes That Screen Printers Will Understand All Too Well
Photo Gallery3 months ago
13 Misprinted T-Shirts for the Screen Printing Hall of Shame
Business & Industry4 months ago
Datacolor ColorReader EZ Portable Tool
Headlines2 months ago
WATCH: Screen Printer’s Viral TikTok Video Approaching 10 Million Views
Photo Gallery2 months ago
13 Iconic Band T-Shirts That Will Strike a Chord with Screen Printers
Buzz Session3 months ago
Screen Printers Name Their Best Business Buys for Under $100
Headlines3 months ago
Screen Printers Could Receive Thousands of Dollars in Cash Back from IRS
Podcasts3 months ago
Andy MacDougall with Renaissance Woman Gemma Monostereo