- Make sure your photos are of good quality. Pay attention to lighting, cropping, etc. Everyone knows someone who posts to Instagram or Facebook using an old phone with super grainy photos. Don’t be that person!
- Find as many hashtags that are relevant to your business as you can. Be sure to do a trial run and see how many followers a particular hashtag has before you decide which ones are the best fit. You want the ones that are in the 100,000 to 800,000 range. This is where you get that jump you want in followers and views. People are searching specific hashtags to find the content that interests them. If you don’t use those hashtags, they will not be able to find you. The max is 30 hashtags per post, but you should narrow it down to around 10 or so that are the most effective. Also make sure you change them up from time to time, or add one or two that are specific to that photo.
- A little “hack” to help keep your posts clean is to post your hashtags as the first comment instead of on your actual post. It provides the same benefits.
- When you get a direct message, drive customers to your email or website. It helps keep things organized, and it builds traffic to your website.
- When you post to Instagram, check the options to post your image to other social sites such as Facebook or Twitter. Go back and edit text to make it appropriate for other platforms. This is a huge time saver.
- Use Facebook or Instagram Ads. When you spend $1000+ on a billboard ad, only the select few driving by might get a glimpse of that ad. Instead, you can spend $20 on Instagram and reach your specific target audience.
- Don’t buy followers or use bots! And the most important of all, follow me on Instagram @upstatemerch.
Watch the 2020 Rising Stars Awards
Congratulations to the six winners of the third annual Rising Stars Awards. Watch the recording of the live virtual awards ceremony from January 28, 2020. The recipients – all of whom are age 35 or younger – were chosen based on their professional accomplishments, fresh thinking, contributions toward industry advancement, commitment to excellence, and a strong impact on their organizations.
Beaver Paper Group Rebrands Legacy Cut & Sew Products
A Critical Year for Haptics as New Technology Options Mature, Finds IDTechEx Research
Digital Art Solutions Presents Free Graphics Academy Master Class Series
How To Be Heard Without Making A Sound
Top 10 Tools for Art and Design
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021
Expert Perspectives2 months ago
Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board Members Reflect on How 2020 Affected Their Businesses
Marshall Atkinson2 months ago
Why Aren’t There More Women Leaders in Screen Printing?
Rising Stars Awards1 month ago
Announcing the 2020 Rising Stars Award Winners
Women in Screen Printing2 months ago
Meet the Women in Screen Printing: Deonjala Williams
Marshall Atkinson2 months ago
20 Ways to Be Successful During Disruption
Andy MacDougall2 months ago
For Opportunity Hunters Entering the Screen Printing Business, There’s a Big Learning Curve Ahead
Tips and How-To2 months ago
Six Tips for Selling Your Screen Printing Business
Rising Stars Awards2 months ago
Meet the 2020 Rising Stars Awards Winner: David Kent