EMPLOYEE TRAINING CAN HELP your staff learn specific knowledge or skills to improve performance in their current roles. Training can include orientation, onboarding, technical skills development, soft skills development, products and services training, quality training, safety training, and team training.
We asked our Brain Squad:
Have you ever sent an employee away for training?
Can you add anything to the list? Feel free to comment below with your own thoughts.
- Ryonet Screen Printing class in Portland. Learned a lot! — Christine Geronimo, Midnight Supply Company, Seattle, Washington
- I generally send them to one of our vendor shops to learn more techniques and problem-solving skills. — Joshua Rogers, Grunt Style, Carol Stream, Illinois
- Manager training: How to manage staff. — Tracey Johnston-Aldworth, Traces Screen Printing, Waterloo, Ontario
- I currently do not send employees out for training due to COVID and cost. This is something I would like to start doing. — Alison Banholzer, Wear Your Spirit Warehouse, Huntingtown, Maryland
- Usually just ISS show seminars. — Rick Poore, Shirts101, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Brother GTX DTG Training in Peachtree City, Georgia. The result was good; he learned a few key things. — Chris Schultz, IT Sportswear & Promotions, Augusta, Georgia
- We do a lot of in-house training (apprentice program) and would love to send them to training, but we are isolated and cost/investment to send for industry specific for short term employees too much. — Andy MacDougall, MacDougall Screen Printing, Royston, British Columbia
- Printing United Alliance – Continuous Improvement conference. (CI) — Edward Cooke, ECI Screen Print, Watertown, Connecticut
- They loved the practical training and learned how to use the software better and more efficiently. Motivated them to work smarter. They felt privileged that we invested in them. — Juke Leman, International Coatings, Cerritos, California
- Yes, I have sent employees away for training. At tradeshows, at manufacturers, and at on-location classes. I’ve also brought in experts to each and mentor. — Marshall Atkinson, Atkinson Consulting, Mesa, Arizona
- We have gone primarily to the ISS show in Long Beach in the past. The results vary depending on how well we chose the classes, but for the most part I’d say it’s a positive experience, where we try new things when we return. — Tyler Peyus, Interform Graphics, Centerville, Utah
- Classes at tradeshows. — Bill Bischoff, Bischoff Design/Atomic Tees, Modesto, California
- There are no places for training. — Eric Solomon, Night Owls, Houston, Texas
- Spray seminar in Toledo, Ohio. — Michael McCall, Chattanooga Labeling Systems, Chattanooga, Tennessee
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S.screen-printing business, you’re invited to join the Screen Printing Brain Squad. Take one five-minute quiz a month, and you’ll be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting screen-print pros. Sign up here.
Watch Jay Busselle, Adrienne Palmer, and Jeremy Picker dive deep into DTG printing data, popular styles, and opportunities.
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two
Jay Busselle, marketing director, Equipment Zone, interviews two experts in apparel decoration trends: Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief of Screen Printing magazine, and Jeremy Picker, creative director and CEO of AMB3R Creative and Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board member. Both share their insights on decoration trends, apparel styles, and some powerful data for DTG printing. Plus, Picker gives an exclusive look at his 2021 trend report. This is a follow-up webinar to Equipment Zone’s DTG Training Academy virtual event.
Printing United Alliance Announces 2021 Student Scholarship Program Recipients
33 Funny Memes That Screen Printers Will Understand All Too Well
FESPA Global Print Expo Set for Return to Berlin in Spring 2022
13 Misprinted T-Shirts for the Screen Printing Hall of Shame
Screen Printers Could Receive Thousands of Dollars in Cash Back from IRS
A Strategy Guide for Screen Printers to Solve Post-COVID Challenges
Marshall Atkinson4 months ago
Six Strategic Steps Toward Trying New Things
Podcasts3 months ago
Andy MacDougall Talks Biosensors, Electrochemistry
Education4 months ago
Screen Saver Podcast: Social Consciousness
Thomas Trimingham2 months ago
Three Things Every Screen Printer Should Do Right Now
Media & Substrates4 months ago
Hanes Printable Face Masks
Case Studies2 months ago
How a Professional Wrestler Began Supplying Screen Printed Apparel to the Wrestling Community
Best of the Business3 months ago
Diversity, Inclusivity, and the Screen Printing Industry
Videos3 months ago
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two