(PRESS RELEASE) W. CONSHOHOCKEN, PA — ASTM International’s Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) announced six new additions to the advisory board, representing key stakeholders from government, industry, research institutes, and non-profit organizations.
“The advisory board plays a pivotal role in the AM CoE, providing vision and strategic direction to ensure it remains current with existing and future drivers of the additive manufacturing industry,” said Dr. Mohsen Seifi, ASTM International’s director of global additive manufacturing programs. “We look forward to insight provided by these industry experts as the AM CoE continues to advance additive manufacturing through our unique approaches to standardization.”
The latest cohort of AM CoE advisors includes:
- Dr. David Bond is vice president of engineering (design) at Civil Airframes. He has extensive experience leading complex, safety-critical aerospace projects and teams responsible for new product development, resolution of safety/reliability/quality issues as well as continued airworthiness and in-service support of operational products. Bond is a chartered engineer, a fellow of both the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and Royal Aeronautical Society, and freeman of the Worshipful Company of Engineers.
- Dr. Greg Hayes is senior vice president of applied technology at EOS North America, where he works to identify market needs and uses of additive manufacturing technology to develop products to fulfill those opportunities. Hayes is also a strategic technology development consultant with a background in high-end research and development, and a focus in materials science and engineering. He holds a master’s of engineering degree from the University of Delaware and a doctorate in materials science from Pennsylvania State University.
- Dr. Lewis Mullen is a chief engineer and the divisional additive lead in the joint replacement division at Stryker. He is a subject matter expert in a number of metal-based AM systems and has spent the last 15 years working with cross-functional development teams to develop, characterize, and validate these processes for the mass-manufacture of hip and knee replacement devices. He holds a doctorate in additive manufacturing from the University of Liverpool.
- Dr. Markus Seibold is the vice president of additive manufacturing for Siemens Power & Gas. He is responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing additive manufacturing technologies and designs in Siemens Power & Gas Products & Solutions. He holds a degree in management information systems from the University of Regensburg, a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Georgia, and a doctorate from the Technical University of Munich.
- Dr. Venkat Vedula is the executive director, additive manufacturing at Raytheon Technologies (RTX) where he leads the Additive Manufacturing Process Capability Center (AMPCC). Vedula is responsible for enterprise-wide additive roadmap, technology development, and transitioning to business units for industrialization. He holds a doctorate in materials science and engineering from Pennsylvania State University and a master’s degree in business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Dr. Jennifer Wolk is a Navy materials engineer. Wolk’s research focuses on advancing additive manufacturing materials and processes to support naval applications. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University and a doctorate in materials science and engineering from University of Maryland College Park.
For more information on the work of the AM CoE, full list of advisory board members, and 2020 year in review visit amcoe.org/leadership .
Watch Jay Busselle, Adrienne Palmer, and Jeremy Picker dive deep into DTG printing data, popular styles, and opportunities.
Apparel Decoration Trends for 2021 Part Two
Jay Busselle, marketing director, Equipment Zone, interviews two experts in apparel decoration trends: Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief of Screen Printing magazine, and Jeremy Picker, creative director and CEO of AMB3R Creative and Screen Printing Editorial Advisory Board member. Both share their insights on decoration trends, apparel styles, and some powerful data for DTG printing. Plus, Picker gives an exclusive look at his 2021 trend report. This is a follow-up webinar to Equipment Zone’s DTG Training Academy virtual event.
“Great Resignation” Continues with Record Numbers
Mitography, Manufacturing, and Makerspaces with Adrian Granchelli
Registration Opens for Kornit Fashion Week Los Angeles
Screen Shop Turning Customers Away Because of Supply Chain Issues
New Andy Warhol Exhibit Shows Final Screen Prints of Career
How We Can Create Gender Equality in the Screen Printing Industry
Photo Gallery3 months ago
33 Funny Memes That Screen Printers Will Understand All Too Well
Photo Gallery3 months ago
13 Misprinted T-Shirts for the Screen Printing Hall of Shame
Business & Industry4 months ago
Datacolor ColorReader EZ Portable Tool
Headlines2 months ago
WATCH: Screen Printer’s Viral TikTok Video Approaching 10 Million Views
Photo Gallery2 months ago
13 Iconic Band T-Shirts That Will Strike a Chord with Screen Printers
Buzz Session3 months ago
Screen Printers Name Their Best Business Buys for Under $100
Headlines3 months ago
Screen Printers Could Receive Thousands of Dollars in Cash Back from IRS
Podcasts3 months ago
Andy MacDougall with Renaissance Woman Gemma Monostereo